Re: [snapshot/master] Use SHA1.file().hexdigest, because ruby calculates the SHA1 wrong on large input otherwise (#668294)

On Wed, 11 Apr 2012, Yaroslav Halchenko wrote:

> Thank you Peter for a very detailed reply -- I will try to follow your
> instructions some time and fix all those up.  I think I know the victims
> -- we do have files > 530m (virtual machine appliance images :-/). Good
> news is that we should have copies of those still available ;)

Great, let me know if you have any questions once you start.  Also, for
large files the data isn't corrupt, we just call it by the wrong name.
Having the originals is nice to verify that, but not mandatory.

Cheers,