Re: Please test: Netscape 4.73 packages with CJK support

hi,

after trial and error, I finally succeeded to launch Netscape with CJK
support.

The information I provided was too insufficient. I'm sorry
for that. Here is a more detailed version of the environment I'm using:

locale: zh_TW.Big5
wm:	KDE (from http://kde.tdyc.com, I can't update my KDE there, why?)
xfs-xtt running and xfont-arphic-bsmi001p installed

Netscape failed because the arphic fonts were not running in X as
'FontPath "unix/:7100" ' was not included in XF86Config. After amending
XF86Config, I could see the arphic fonts by running xlsfonts. However, the
whole system suspended when I launched netscape. All the CPU resources
were used by the xserver.

But now, everything works fine since I initialize the xsession by adding
the argument '-deferglyphs 16' (What does this mean?) Netscape now looks
great with menu in Chinese and I no longer see any strange alignment of
Chinese words when I type in it.

One minor problem is that strange characters are still shown at the top of
the window. Can it be fixed? Anyway, it looks wonderful. I am grateful for
all your contribution. Thanks a lot!!

Lincoln Leung