Re: hkscs

On Tue, May 30, 2000 at 11:22:10AM -0400, Thomas Chan wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Looks like Roger So's work on the HK locale is just in time...

*blush* oops ... my work is in fact 5 months overdue ... it started
way back in January -_-;

Seems like I'd have to do some more work this weekend :p
(the code is sitting on my hard disk, just needs to be cleaned up and
 packaged.  I have been using it for 5 months, so you can say it's
 tested :p)

> See the Microsoft HK link below (only a week old); looks like they have
> font and input methods--I haven't taken a look at them yet.

If I haven't been so lazy we'd have beaten them by a couple of months..
in fact it was "nearly" demoed at Linuxworld HK ...

Actually, IIRC, someone mentioned this very same subject in
netscape.public.mozilla.i18n way back in January .. I think the
the Mozilla team was then concerned with whether HKSCS is a widely
accepted and used standard.  Not sure what happened then since.

> Thomas Chan
> tc31@cornell.edu

problems with how their own applications (Office2K) use Unicode...

I haven't been able to have a look at the "Technical White Paper" yet,
which, of course, is in Word97 .doc format...

Thanks for the info,

--
  Roger So                                            telnet://e-fever.org
  spacehunt at e-fever dot org                          SysOp, e-Fever BBS