Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 22:48:14 +0800
From: Gavin Ho <Gavin.Ho@compaq.com>
To: mozilla-i18n@mozilla.org
Newsgroups: netscape.public.mozilla.i18n
Subject: Want to submit charset support for HKSCS

Hi Frank

We want to add a new charset support to Mozilla. The new charset is an
extension to Big5 charset defined by the Hong Kong SAR Government,
China.

The HKSAR Government have submitted HKSCS characters to ISO and
submission to IANA will proceed soon. The HKSAR Government want to
provide a common Chinese language interface to government departments
and the public so as to faciliate electronic communication in Chinese,
Hong Kong. For details on HKSCS, please visit web site
http://www.digital21.gov.hk/eng/hkscs/index.html

Microsft has already released support for HKSCS, you can visit web site
http://www.microsoft.com/hk/hkscs for details.

We have created the charset converter supporting conversion between
standard Big-5 + HKSCS <-> UCS2 for mozilla. We have tested it under
Mozilla M15 by registering it as charset x-big5-hkscs under Windows 2000
and Chinese Windows NT environment with the new Microsoft HKSCS language
support kit installed.

How can I submit our code to Mozilla?

Regards

Gavin Ho