Re: frustrating report: mozilla/netscape and i18n

(foka) Hello zhaoway!  I hope you can read Chinese comfortably with
(foka) your current setup because I am itching to type Chinese in this
(foka) message.  :-)

I have no problem reading chinese. ;) Thanks Debian! ;)

(foka)   这几天读到您有关 Netscape 和 Mozilla i18n 支援的讨论,可惜我
(foka) 功力不足,也没有时间去研究。您有 debian-chinese 的 archive吗?前
(foka) 一阵子,其他网友曾在此转载一些相关的信件,尤其是 Netscape 工程师
(foka) Frank Tang <ftang@netscape.com> 等的讨论,也有提及 XCIN 和
(foka) Mozilla的配合,不知有没有帮助。(我没有仔细阅读那些文章(因为我看

I just go to debian.org to check the debian-chinese archive,
hmmm... Before I contact him, i believe I have to do much more
test here, hehe... ;) I will, anyways. ;)

(foka) 不懂 ^_^))您也不妨直接问问 Frank Tang,看他有没有解决办法。也不
(foka) 妨看看TurboLinux 中文 4.02 里使用 XIM protocol 的
(foka) ZhWinPro+Chinput 和Netscape 和 Mozilla 配合的效果如何。

As concering cut-and-paste, i don't know if xim is useful here.
seems that is an locale problem? huh? but i'd like to see it
as not a locale problem. because an idealistic environment
to support cut-and-paste for different language between
different applications should not concentrate on locale, IMHO.
hmmm... that is just a food for thought. ;)

(foka)   And, BTW, I apologize, I still haven't sent the locale
(foka) patch to XFree86's maintainer, 所以用户暂时仍要自己 tweak.
(foka) (xfree86_3.3.6-2)。Just curious, zhaoway, 您 fix 了
(foka) /usr/lib/X11/locale/locale.dir后,"LANG=zh_CN.GB2312 gnomecal"
(foka) (或其它 GNOME 软件)成功吗?在这边可以。

I even didn't notice that. see i'm so stupid! ;)
what tweak is it?

I added an alias for zh_CN.GB2312
in /usr/lib/X11/locales/locale.alias

and

$ LANG=zh_CN.GB2312 gnomecal

gives out no warning or error msg, but it took so long a time
to display its top-level window! and in english.

Best regards,

--
zhaoway -=- zw * zhaoway.com -=- http://www.zhaoway.com/ -=- blue ribbon
GnuPG 1024D/7C0441F2  BF4F B39D A53E A9BB 1057  2364 652C 1BA6 7C04 41F2