frustrating report: mozilla/netscape and i18n

It got me on the whole night. very frustrating.

I was testing the cut-and-paste through CLIPBOARD for netscape and
mozilla.

1) netscape, through the edit menu, it could cut-and-paste, but after
paste, netscape cannot show the very same chinese characters cutted from
itself. but in weird code.

2) mozilla can't even do paste for the very same chinese characters
cutted from the other (above) netscape window. (current cvs version of
mozilla. built at home. a potato.)

all cut and paste were through CLIPBOARD selection, not CUT_BUFFER0.

hence, there would be no point for me to go on deploy my previous hack.
(because the most important stupid application won't do. even there's
a chance as described in the protocol manual. sorry.)

(the reason for the fault, maybe is netscape didn't cut well, as ctext,
or, even worse, it can't paste well.)

I won't blame gnotepad+, since it's replying on some xfs(?) to display
chinese characters. (I'm a newbie on this. I will read some more on it
later. if i'm wrong, please point me out.)

But what a deal for Mozilla and Netscape?? One thing is clear, if a
stupid windows jerk use some chinese characters in the URL path name
for some web page, i won't be able to see it from mozilla. (at least,
not very comforatblely, as i believe. haven't tested it. no interests
to do.) and, a lot of chinese guys are familiar with this for their
hotmail box, write offline, then cut-and-paste into the browser window
when online. they won't enjoy this situation.

Best regards,

P.s. mozilla really is evolving, but what can i do to help, me and 'em?

P.p.s can someone describe his/her best experiences with chinese under
x window system? (debian. i bet it'd be far behind those best experience
from english users.//sigh)

--
zhaoway -=- zw * zhaoway.com -=- http://www.zhaoway.com/ -=- blue ribbon
GnuPG 1024D/7C0441F2  BF4F B39D A53E A9BB 1057  2364 652C 1BA6 7C04 41F2