a funny bug?

Guess it will have something related to scwm. ;)
I'm too sleepy right now, and will have an important
job hunting meeting tomorrow. I'll be back and give
more precise report later.

Debian Potato.

Desired=Unknown/Install/Remove/Purge
||/ Name             Version          Description
+++-================-================-================================================
ii  libc6            2.1.2-11         GNU C Library: Shared libraries and Timezone dat
ii  locales          2.1.2-11.0.1     GNU C Library: National Language (locale) data [
ii  i18ndata         2.1.2-11         GNU C Library: National Language (locale) data [
ii  xlib6g           3.3.5-2          shared libraries required by X clients

Scwm is the nearest CVS version built at home. maybe 3 or 4 days back.
Guile is from CVS too. 1 or 2 weeks back?

the problem is:

whenever i do: (I added an alias for GB2312 for /usr/lib/X11/locales/locale.alias
by hand on Debian.)

$ LANG=zh_CN.GB2312 gedit

and open a file full of chinese characters coded in GB2312. The scwm manager
_restarts_ and after a while after it's runing ok, all the rxvt and xemacs
windows got one line _shorter_.

and to the gedit side, if i set LANG=zh_CN.GB2312, then nothing will shown
in gedit window. if i set LANG=C, then chinese characters are shown in
(wrong) some iso-fonts for single byte character sets. I've also tried
gnp (gnotepad+), and since i'd tried for quite sometimes, my crxvt-gb
terminal got only 32 lines tall from 40 lines tall originally at last. ;)

.

i'm frankly not too good at find the clue in such a situation. ;)
so, please. ;) I think it will be hard for you too, but if you could
give me any suggestions or hints or whatever, I may try my best to
try to fix, or at least give out a trace or what. ;)

Best regards,

And prepare for the up-coming China New Year! ;)

--
zhaoway -=- zw * zhaoway.com -=- http://www.zhaoway.com/ -=- blue ribbon
GnuPG 1024D/7C0441F2  BF4F B39D A53E A9BB 1057  2364 652C 1BA6 7C04 41F2