Re: question about placements in /usr/share/xml

Quoting Ardo van Rangelrooij <ardo@debian.org>:

> Why do you have SGML catalogs under /usr/share/xml?  I would expect them to
> be under /usr/share/sgml (together with the symlinks).

I don't agree. Nor do I see how you could put catalogs "together with the
symlinks".

The catalogs (SGML or XML) should reside in with the package files. Think about
it for awhile - it makes sense. Put another way: why would the SGML catalogs
(for an xml resource) go any place _but_ the package installation directory(s)?

An SGML catalog is not an SGML resource (e.g. dtd, stylesheet), so why would it
go into /usr/share/sgml?

I really don't get your point here, which is odd, since you're usually right.
Score:)

Cheers,
Mark
--