Re: Converting DocBook/XML to other formats

,----[ your message <[🔎] 87smgmwaeq.fsf@wrynose.whinlatter.uklinux.net> said: ]
| Are there any known issues with docbook-utils and XML input?

Don't know; never used 'em.

| What would you recommend as the best tool to get PDF and HTML output?
| Ideally, I'd like Texinfo/info output as well, but docbook2texi didn't
| work for me last time I tried.
`----

Bob Stayton's book, visible online, has helped me:

http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/index.html

I use xsltproc and pdftex. My Makefile looks something like this:

,----
| PROC=xsltproc
| STYLESHEET=my_html_chunkstyle.xsl
| FOSTYLESHEET=my_fo_style.xsl
|
| INPUT=endoflife.xml
| OUTPUT=endoflife.html
| FOOUTPUT=endoflife.fo
|

| html: $(INPUT)
|         $(PROC) $(STYLESHEET) $(INPUT)
|
| fo: $(INPUT)
|         $(PROC) -o $(FOOUTPUT) $(FOSTYLESHEET) $(INPUT)
|
| pdf: fo
|         pdftex --interaction nonstopmode "&pdfxmltex" $(FOOUTPUT)
`----

hth

--
Bob Bernstein

    ...in the common Practice of the World, those who possess most
    Wealth, make the least Parade; which they leave to others, who
    have nothing else to bear them out, in shewing their Faces on the
    Exchange.

    Jonathan Swift, "A Short View of the State of Ireland", 1727