Converting DocBook/XML to other formats

Hi folks,

For the Gimp-Print documentation, we have a manual written using
DocBook/SGML.  We used db2pdf and db2html to give us PDF and HTML
output.  This worked fine for several years.

I've recently converted it to XML.  However, I have a few problems
with it.  While db2html works fine, db2pdf doesn't include the (PNG)
figures at all.  I've tried xmlto as an alternative.  Its html and
xhtml output is very good, but the PDF output has garbage letters at
the top and bottom of each page.

Are there any known issues with docbook-utils and XML input?

What would you recommend as the best tool to get PDF and HTML output?
Ideally, I'd like Texinfo/info output as well, but docbook2texi didn't
work for me last time I tried.

Both manuals are available at
http://people.debian.org/~rleigh/gimp-print/users-guide.tar.bz2

Many thanks,
Roger

PS.  Please could you CC me on reply, since I'm not subscribed to the
list.

--
Roger Leigh