Re: Debian XML/SGML (partial) Policy Draft Available

Mark,

WRT to the question of a stylesheet subdirectory under the /usr/share/xml base
directory, it is hard to imagine non-trivial stylesheets that operate in a
general way upon an arbitrary XML instance.  It seems clear that stylesheets
belong to particular applications and XML schemas.  Is the intent to provide for
local stylesheet resources?  This question suggests a further concern:

What is the status of local extensions to standard schema and stylesheets?
Large applications get:

. . ./appname/custom

In particular, I wonder if /usr/share/xml/stylesheet shouldn't rather be:

/usr/share/xml/local

and whether there should be corresponding

. . ./local/schema   and   . . ./local/stylesheet

. . ./appname/local   and   . . ./appname/custom/local

subdirectories which are protected during system updates in a fashion similar to
/usr/local.

Beyond that, I don't have much that would further.  Thanks for your efforts.

Mike Haarman