Re: A newbie question

On Tue, 29 Oct 2002, Q. Gong wrote:
> On Tue, 29 Oct 2002, Susan Kleinmann wrote:
> > On Mon, Oct 28, 2002 at 10:20:11PM +0100, Q. Gong wrote:
> > > <?xml version="1.0"?>
> > > <!DOCTYPE article PUBLIC "-//Norman Walsh//DTD DocBk XML V3.1//EN"

Maybe the public identifier you use contains a dtd version not installed
on your system. E.g. on my potato I have 3.1.7 in the docbook-xml package.
So I would use "-//Norman Walsh//DTD DocBk XML V3.1.7//EN". IIRC there has
never been an XML version of DocBook before 3.1.x with x > 0.

If the catalog machinery can't resolve your public id, it would go for the
system identifier which uses a relative path in your example:

> > >      "dtd/3.1/docbookx.dtd">

If modifying the public id still doesn't help, you could try something
absolute for the system id just to see if jade works (and possibly
excluding catalog problems): "/usr/lib/sgml/dtd/docbook-xml/docbookx.dtd".
Please adapt the path according to your system.

> Perhaps I should manually setup some
> configuration files, e.g.  catalog files?

IIRC debian's packaging does that for you, right?

HTH,
Steffen.