Re: SGML in woody problems

Neil> The problems start when I attempt to use sgmls, osgmls, jade or
Neil> openjade.  I get lots of errors, and they start with errors
Neil> about the doctype.  It is obviously a case sensitivity issue.  I
Neil> tried using jade on demo.sgm with demo.dsl, and got errors.
Neil> When I changed "doctype" to "DOCTYPE" the first error went away,
Neil> when I changed "system" to "SYSTEM" the second error went away,
Neil> etc.  How do I make these tools case insensitive?

Just to be sure, I just did

nsgmls /usr/share/doc/sp/examples/demo.sgm

then i copied demo.sgm and demo.dsl to my home directory, and

jade -d demo.dsl demo.sgm

both commands works as expected.

Contrary to the other posters here (Mark?) I really think this should
be debugged at the level of nsgmls, because you say you get errors
even from that.  Of course I am biased: I never use the higher-level
tools like docbook2whatever, at least for my own documents.

--
Ian Zimmerman, Oakland, California, U.S.A.
GPG: 433BA087  9C0F 194F 203A 63F7 B1B8  6E5A 8CA3 27DB 433B A087