Re: SGML in woody problems

itz> The symptom (case sensitivity) smells of wrong SGML declaration
itz> being used.

Neil> How do I figure out what SGML declaration is used?  What should
Neil> I look for?  Is there any document that explains how all this
Neil> stuff is supposed to work together?

"man nsgmls" says among many other things:

       A catalog entry file contains a sequence of entries in one
       of the following forms:

[snip]

       SGMLDECL sysid
              This  specifies  that if the document does not con­
              tain an SGML declaration, the SGML  declaration  in
              sysid should be implied.

[snip]

    declaration
       If  the  declaration is omitted and there is no applicable
       SGMLDECL entry in a  catalog,  the  following  declaration
       will be implied:

[snip]

                NAMECASE  GENERAL     YES
                          ENTITY      NO

The meaning of NAMECASE is explained in the SGML standard or many
books that explain the standard (my reference is _The concise SGML
companion_ by Neil Bradley).

So, at least according to the manpage, by default nsgmls (which is
nothing more than a command line driver for sp) should be case
insensitive (the YES above - quite confusing, isn't it).  So how about
your catalog files?  Maybe

fgrep SGMLDECL /etc/sgml/*.cat

will yield a clue.

--
Ian Zimmerman, Oakland, California, U.S.A.
GPG: 433BA087  9C0F 194F 203A 63F7 B1B8  6E5A 8CA3 27DB 433B A087