Re: Debian joining OASIS?

On Mon, 11 Mar 2002, Martin WHEELER wrote:

> Debian developer status is restricted to hairy programmer types.

Is it?  I was under the impression that you didn't have to maintain a
package to be a developer though embarassingly, I can't think of any
examples of such people.  (Some of the hurd porters perhaps?)

IMO If a person is making a solid contribution to debian documentation (or
administration, or website etc. etc.) they should be allowed to become a
member of the Debian project with all privileges thereof.

> Hairy programmer types are usually not hairy SGML types.

I do both plus I haven't had a haircut in a while.  But all my money's
going into similac and diapers these days.

--
Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar@debian.org>