Re: Debian Services Census

On 2014-02-19 10:14, Raphael Hertzog wrote:

I don't have a strong opinion about the addition/removal of this prefix
but I'd like to point out that contrary to other services, this one
reuses the "buildd" keyword which is already associated to
buildd.debian.org and it's a service which duplicates features
with an already existing service.

In fact it doesn't duplicate an existing service. Its focus is different than the buildd.d.o site. Beside that the name is because it's about build daemons, short: buildd. It's new to me that "buildd" is a reserved trademark of Debian and I believe that it's common knowledge for nearly everyone who deals with buildds that official Debian services will run under a debian.org domain, which is clearly not the case fuer buildd.net.

--
Ciao...          //    Fon: 0381-2744150
.     Ingo     \X/     http://blog.windfluechter.net

gpg pubkey: http://www.juergensmann.de/ij_public_key.