Re: amd64 running on Intel Celeron and Pentium? (was: [SECURITY] [DSA 5113-1] firefox-esr security update)

On Wed, Apr 13, 2022 at 07:18:53PM +0200, Levis Yarema wrote:
If I would get an x64 CPU from a Linux pro, sure I would take it. Otherwise I
would not recommend to just take any old hardware for exchange with my working
one since not all of it was easily well supported by Linux these days, as far
as I can remember.

10 year old hardware is generally not a problem. You might have abysmal video performance, but so does anything with 20 year old hardware. In the worst case, if it doesn't work, pick different 10 year old hardware.