Re: amd64 running on Intel Celeron and Pentium? (was: [SECURITY] [DSA 5113-1] firefox-esr security update)

On 13.04.22 19:18, Levis Yarema wrote:

If I would get an x64 CPU from a Linux pro, sure I would take it. Otherwise I would not recommend to just take any old hardware for exchange with my working one since not all of it was easily well supported by Linux these days, as far as I can remember.

   You can not replace any i386 machine with x64. Some old programs I am running only work with Windows XP and the serial and/or parallel port. Not every computer has that. However I do also need Linux, mainly for processing my data.