Re: network-manager applet disappeared

I don't think this is the right mailing list, however did you try to run `apt install --reinstall network-manager`? (nmcli, nm-applet, etc. are in network-manager package)

But I find it odd that this has happened to you and it makes no sense, perhaps you ran  some kind of unknown script from the internet? or you haven't told us everything!

I don't think this has to do with you running on an older system, nmap wouldn't erase network-manager if you have an older system ;) :P