Re: Debians security features in comparison to Ubuntu

On Sun, May 18, 2014 at 12:34 AM, Richard van den Berg
<richard@vdberg.org> wrote:
> Joel Rees wrote On 17-05-14 03:19:
>>>
>>> He gave me a link to the following site:
>>> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Security/Features
>>
>> None of the meaningful items in that list are unavailable on Debian, and
>>
>> the defaults are reasonably secure in Debian.
>

> I might be misinterpreting your definition of "meaningful", but I have been
> looking for a public entropy source for my Debian system for quite a while.
> If you can point me to the Debian equivalent of pollinate and
> https://entropy.ubuntu.com/ that would be highly appreciated.

Hmm. Early boot has problems getting enough randomness (for what?), so
let's go get some randomness from a server somebody in the Ubuntu
project set up.

Pardon me for being cynical, but what could go worng?

But the client is supposed to be 50 lines of golang, is it not?

--
Joel Rees

Be careful where you see conspiracy.
Look first in your own heart.