Re: Is oldstable security support duration something to be proud of?

--On March 10, 2008 4:33:53 PM -0400 Filipus Klutiero <chealer@gmail.com> wrote:

Argh. If I'm asking about a statement, that's because I read it.
Obviously,  the author didn't bother checking whether he was right, which
is why I'm  asking whether there are some people that disagree.

Actually it's you who are mistaken I believe. Since Sarge has been out since about 2005. That's better than Fedora Core, atleast as good as Ubuntu LTS (not to be confused with Ubuntu) and openSUSE. It's not as good as RHEL, but that's not a fair comparison since RHEL is not free. CentOS may be a fair comparison but I don't know their precise policies.

Why do you perceive that
they shouldn't be proud?  Where is your basis that they don't deserve
to be proud?
I already explained this in the bug report.