Re: secure installation

On Tue, Aug 21, 2007 at 03:50:44PM +0200, Javier Fern?ndez-Sanguino Pe?a wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 21, 2007 at 09:32:35AM +0000, paddy@panici.net wrote:
> > is one of those installed by default ?
>
> No, as I said, users have to select one of them and install it themselves.

well, I think you make an excellent point that Debian has really good
documentation that points all this out, but I worry about assuming
that users will read it.

I can only assume that the question of whether to include firestarter in
the default install will have been considered and will continue to be
reconsidered by folk who are looking at the question more closely than
I am.  From the outside it seems a little odd.

I wonder whether something like the tasks dialogue that you get on
windows sbs might make a useful addition to direct users to the
documentation.

And I still wonder whether there isn't a sufficiently different needs
for users of differing experience that it might make sense to have
an option at install time. It is a commonly used idiom.

Regards,
Paddy