Re: Why is portmap installed by default?

"Izak Burger" <isburger@gmail.com> writes:

> On 8/26/06, Michelle Konzack <linux4michelle@freenet.de> wrote:
>> Never had autoinstalled nfs-common and lpr...
>
> Those are definitly installed by default, at least in stable, or it
> was installed the last time I installed stable.  IIRC so is
> nfs-kernel-server, although it is disabled by default since
> /etc/exports is empty.  Like the previous poster, those are among the
> first to go on new installations.
>
> If you inspect /usr/lib/debootstrap/scripts/sarge you will find that
> it does not include any of these packages, so those are definitely
> installed later by some other part of the installation.  Since I tend
> to do more installations using debootstrap, I don't find this much of
> a problem anymore.

The D-I installs all standard packages:

Package: nfs-common

Package: lpr

But not all packages are included on the netinst CD. When you have a
mirror configured with the netinst image it will pull in the missing
packages from there. Without a mirror it won't install them.

That is probably the case for those two.

MfG
        Goswin