Re: Bad press again...

also sprach martin f krafft <madduck@debian.org> [2005.08.26.1907 +0200]:
> security.debian.org is not a server, it's a DNS A record. It's
> a whole lot easier to point that elsewhere in case of problems than
> expecting users to make sense of the errors they get when some
> servers can't be reached.

Ah, but this will of course fail for all those stuck on the network
of T-Online and similarly incompetent ISPs, who can't run proper DNS
resolver caches.

One way we could do this is by providing multiple A records for
s.d.o and hacking APT so that when it receives multiple A records
for a DNS name, it tries them in turn and only reports an error when
all of them failed.

`. `'`

Invalid/expired PGP (sub)keys? Use subkeys.pgp.net as keyserver!

this message represents the official view of the voices in my head.