Re: Bad press again...

martin f krafft wrote:
also sprach Timo Veith <tv@rz-zw.fh-kl.de> [2005.08.26.1726 +0200]:

either case can be solved by:  security1.debian.org in LA
and security2.debian.org in NYC and security3.debian.org in berlin :-)

Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree
Reading extended state information
Initializing package states... Done
Err http://security3.debian.org sarge/updates/main Packages
 Could not resolve 'security3.debian.org'

I think Alvin was alluding to how it *should* be solved. As in: we
should have more than one security server, globally spaced.

Heck, we *should* have a responsive and communicative security team.

why arent all redundant security servers included in the sources.list,
or why doesnt it ask at install time to include all backup security servers?
as well as security.debian.org?

t.