Re: On Mozilla-* updates

On Mon, Aug 01, 2005 at 09:29:24AM +0200, Stefano Salvi wrote:
> I think that two kinds of people are interested in Debian:
> - Ones who want Security
> - Ones who want Stability

While not an unreasonable part of an analysis, I would
posit these are at least second level criteria for
systems users. The most important factor for anyone
in a corporate environment, (and for many in a home
environment as well), is "Does Debian allow me to get
my work done faster and more efficiently?"

Issues of security, package content, stability and
such are imperfect tradeoffs towards fulfilling that
goal.

   Dale Amon     amon@islandone.org    +44-7802-188325
       International linux systems consultancy
     Hardware & software system design, security
    and networking, systems programming and Admin
	      "Have Laptop, Will Travel"