Re: On Mozilla-* updates

On Mon, Aug 01, 2005 at 03:11:05PM +0200, Alexander Sack wrote:
> Adeodato Simó wrote:
> >   Assuming you meant s/mozilla/ubuntu/ above:
> >
> >     http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2005/07/msg01586.html
> >     http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2005/08/msg00012.html
> >

> No, I meant Matt is our mozilla security delegate:
>
> http://www.mozilla.org/projects/security/secgrouplist.html

I am not an official representative, but I am subscribed to the Mozilla
Security Group mailing list.  I do not have any influence over Mozilla's
development processes.  Martin Pitt and Martin Schulze have outlined the
problems there quite well; if someone would collect those points and submit
a statement to Mozilla (if that has not been done already) perhaps we can
find a way to provide for both active Mozilla development and distribution
security support.

It would probably be a good idea to include the Red Hat security team in the
communication, since they seem to have reached the same impasse.

--
 - mdz