Re: telnetd vulnerability from BUGTRAQ

> ftp == good enough for public upload and download in a chroot
> environment.
>
> scp == the preferred method for data transfer between machines. Nearly
> as fast on semi-modern machines. pscp == the windows equivalent for
> regault *NIXX scp.

 These are fashion statements.

What is wrong with FTP? It provides fast ( as long as files aren't too
small ) secure ( encrypted, requires no shell accounts on server ) and easy
( lftp anyone? ) method of transferring files.

> We should get rid of TelnetD (The Telnet Daemon) For practical purposes
 Why exactly?

 Fashion comes and goes...

--
Dariush Pietrzak,
Key fingerprint = 40D0 9FFB 9939 7320 8294  05E0 BCC7 02C4 75CC 50D9