Re: telnetd vulnerability from BUGTRAQ

On Fri, Sep 24, 2004 at 04:15:09PM -0600, s. keeling wrote:
> Is anyone still using telnet when there's ssh?  Why?  I wouldn't even
> use it inside my own firewalled LAN.  ssh is just better.

Unfortuneately if you use Cisco gear you are pretty
much stuck. Some of the older stuff just doesn't
have the mips to deal with it even if installed and
I believe Cisco charges an arm and a leg for the
upgrade. I've never had a Cisco with it installed.

So use, if you work with routers, you are stuck.

   Dale Amon     amon@islandone.org    +44-7802-188325
       International linux systems consultancy
     Hardware & software system design, security
    and networking, systems programming and Admin
	      "Have Laptop, Will Travel"