Re: doing an ssh into a compromised host

also sprach Vassilii Khachaturov <vassilii@tarunz.org> [2004.11.02.0759 +0100]:
> I have been doing ssh into the box. THe client is set up not to
> request the X forwarding by the default. When I try "ssh -v" now,
> I observe no X forwarding being established, whereas "ssh -X -v"
> does establish X. Question is, could the server have forced an
> X forwarding on me (w/o my knowledge) having sniffed my local
> keystrokes? FWIW, I have been doing "ssh-add" and then ssh w/o
> a need to enter any password during the authentication with the
> compromised remote host.

If you forward your agent (-A, or ForwardAgent yes), then the
attacker now probably has access to all machines where the SSH key
you used has access.

I am unaware of a way to hijack X Forwarding in the way you
describe.

`. `'`