Re: telnetd vulnerability from BUGTRAQ

Hi,

  so, again, for some locked people. There is maybe an application in
Debian which is remotely exploitable. This application will be probably
also in the next stable release. This thread is about this situation. I
(and some other people) use telnetd only in very specific situations
where isn't any other possibility. I don't like using of telnetd and I
know about the risks and I do necessary actions for minimized them! You
have probably all your systems 10 meters around you. I have some systems
which are thousands kilometers far. Please, stop speaking about the Holy
Grail (sshd) and go to the fundamental thing - is or isn't one standard
Debian application remotely exploitable.
  Yes, it's time to look at the sources and find the truth.
  Best regards,

         Milan Jurik