Re: mozilla - the forgotten package?

On Wed, Mar 10, 2004 at 08:48:02PM +0100, Florian Weimer wrote:
> Noah Meyerhans wrote:

Hi,

> > That's highly unlikely to happen.  It's been discussed before.  In fact,
> > at one point somebody uploaded mozilla 1.0.2 to stable-proposed-updates,
> > but that was rejected.  Apparently, although the mozilla developers
> > claimed they wouldn't do it, 1.0.2 broke compatibility with derivitive
> > browsers like Galeon.  I don't recall the details.
>
> Okay, if that's the case, I'm going to start a campaign for including
> Mozilla 1.4 (plus fixes) in stable.
Well why just include 1.4 and not 1.6? I know that the backports.org mozilla
packages are working at least on i386. (ok beside the fact that you're braking
third party apps).  Haven't checked what's in proposed-updates so far.

Sven
--
If God passed a mic to me to speak
I'd say stay in bed, world