Re: mozilla - the forgotten package?

On Wed, Mar 10, 2004 at 02:34:44PM -0500, Noah Meyerhans wrote:

> It was, generally, a fairly painful experience, and although I did get
> some patches applied (and tested!) I never felt like I made significant
> progress toward fixing all the known bugs.

  This was my feeling as well, applying some of the trivial patches
 to fix known bugs and holes was worthwhile in itself, but it seems
 rather half-hearted to release a security update which essentially
 says:

    "This update fixes XX bugs, but YY security related bugs still
    exist".

> I haven't looked at the code in quite some time.

  Me neither right now, although one of the hardest parts about getting
 started was figuring out the build/package system - that was useful.

> Honestly, at this point, who uses Mozilla 1.0?
> Why?

  Everybody using Debian Stable?  Although I'm not too sure of the
 number of people that would be.   I know that all my servers are
 stable machiens, but they don't have much in the way of X11 libraries
 installed upon them, let alone Mozilla.

Steve
--
# Debian Security Audit Project