Re: W32/Mydoom@MM (was: Re: )

On Tue, Jan 27, 2004 at 09:50:24AM -0700, s. keeling wrote:
> Pardon me if this seems a bit thick headed, but why should I care?  The
> Windows world is always being attacked by crap like this.  Why is this
> news?
>
> I don't use Windows.  Since you're using Evolution, I assume you
> aren't either.  So what's the big deal?
>
> Of course if you're using Debian as a mailserver for an internal
> Windows network, this may affect you, but what's it got to do with
> Debian?

Many use Debian boxes as corporate servers. Some people
here will have to worry about security of their company
LAN which contains Windows boxes picking up their mail
from that Linux server.

So yes, for some people it *does* matter.

   Dale Amon     amon@islandone.org    +44-7802-188325
       International linux systems consultancy
     Hardware & software system design, security
    and networking, systems programming and Admin
	      "Have Laptop, Will Travel"