Re: Release.gpg files gone?

Matt Zimmerman wrote:
Can you be more specific?

After installing libdb2-dev, which I did not have, the result from attempting a build is:

ged@sax:/usr/local/src/apt-0.6.18$ dpkg-buildpackage -uc -us -B
dpkg-buildpackage: source package is apt
dpkg-buildpackage: source version is 0.6.18
dpkg-buildpackage: source maintainer is Matt Zimmerman <mdz@debian.org>
dpkg-buildpackage: host architecture is i386
dpkg-checkbuilddeps: Unmet build dependencies: debhelper (>= 4.1.62) gettext (>= 0.11.5)
dpkg-buildpackage: Build dependencies/conflicts unsatisfied; aborting.
dpkg-buildpackage: (Use -d flag to override.)

I run almost entirely Woody, so my versions are:
debhelper 4.0.2
gettext 0.10.40-5

One is the versioned dependency on docbook-utils, but that is only needed
for building the arch: all packages.  Do a -B (arch-dep only) build.

Yup, using -B resolved that one.

The other is the versioned dependency on debhelper, which was added because
of #204731.  That caused the man page installation to fail.  There is a
simple patch in the BTS which could probably be applied to the stable
version.

I will try that out, and will also try to compile against the older version of gettext. Stay tuned.

Cheers,
Camillo
--
Camillo Särs <+ged+@iki.fi>              **  Aim for the impossible and you