Re: Release.gpg files gone?

Matt Zimmerman wrote:
This may have been the case with apt-secure, but this functionality is now
merged into apt 0.6 (currently in experimental) in a different way which
does not prevent downloads of unauthenticated packages altogether.  Instead,
it requires confirmation.

Matt, I'm sure I'm not the only woody-user who has used the unofficial apt-secure version. I am trying to build the experimental (0.6.18) version of the new apt on Woody as I write this, but there was more unsatisfied dependencies than I am really comfortable with.

Have you attempted to build on Woody, and if so, what was the outcome? Is there any chance of getting a quick step-by-step build guide? Or is there simply too much code that depends on newer library version for this to be feasible?

Running dpkg-buildpackage with the "-d" option does not really make me confident that I can replace the current apt with the new one... :)

Cheers,
Camillo
--
Camillo Särs <+ged+@iki.fi>              **  Aim for the impossible and you