Re: Release.gpg files gone?

On Mon, Jan 19, 2004 at 12:03:51PM +0200, Camillo S?rs wrote:

> Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> >This may have been the case with apt-secure, but this functionality is now
> >merged into apt 0.6 (currently in experimental) in a different way which
> >does not prevent downloads of unauthenticated packages altogether.
> >Instead,
> >it requires confirmation.
>
> Matt, I'm sure I'm not the only woody-user who has used the unofficial
> apt-secure version.  I am trying to build the experimental (0.6.18) version
> of the new apt on Woody as I write this, but there was more unsatisfied
> dependencies than I am really comfortable with.
>
> Have you attempted to build on Woody, and if so, what was the outcome?  Is
> there any chance of getting a quick step-by-step build guide? Or is there
> simply too much code that depends on newer library version for this to be
> feasible?

Can you be more specific?  There are only two build-dependencies which could
be problematic:

One is the versioned dependency on docbook-utils, but that is only needed
for building the arch: all packages.  Do a -B (arch-dep only) build.

The other is the versioned dependency on debhelper, which was added because
of #204731.  That caused the man page installation to fail.  There is a
simple patch in the BTS which could probably be applied to the stable
version.

--
 - mdz