Re: speaking of squid ports...

On Wed, Mar 26, 2003 at 02:15:28PM -0500, Kevin Cheek wrote:

> I believe that UDP port is for receiving DNS responses.

Umm...  No.

It's used for ICP, a protocol for intercommunication between squid
caches.  For example, at my site we have two different caches.  One is
basically transparent.  The other provides anonymizing services.  But,
through ICP, both caches can make use of each other's cached objects.

Dunno how you turn it off, though.  Iptables?  <shrug>

noah