Re: is iptables enough?

What I find astonishing: Let's say you are running a webserver, maybe
mailserver and a DNS on a server. What rules do you want to apply to
the packets etc.?

I would suggest to keep the open ports restricted, check for all
current updates regularly (subscribe to several mailinglists etc.)
and I guess that would be far enough. What other things does a
firewall have to offer? It's good if you want to protect e.g. a
network but for a single server I doubt it's that interesting or
useful.

What do others think?