is iptables enough?

I am planning to replace a (dead) Windows 2000 computer that was used as a web server and email server with a Debian Linux solution. This machine is connected to the net via DSL and would run apache and exim/qpopper and sshd. Everything else would be turned off. It is a small church and their current site is not very busy, but she says they do get a lot of email.

Am I right in assuming that iptabes is enough as a firewall solution and that I would not need to buy any additional software. That is what I understand from my past experience with Debian/iptables as a server and from the files at debian.org security howto at (http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/securing-debian-howto/index.en.html)

On a less related note, what hardware config would you recommend for such a system? She has a number of machines that I could choose from. Most of them are 1.x Ghz Pentium systems with 256MB RAM and 10 GB IDE hard drives. After increasing the RAM to 512MB, I think this should more than adequate for a system doing nothing but HTTP and SMTP/POP requests.

thanks
jmb