From: Peter Cordes [mailto:peter@llama.nslug.ns.ca]
Sent: Friday, 14 March 2003 7:41
To: debian-security@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: Review: sect. 4.16.2 of the Securing Debian manual

On Thu, Mar 13, 2003 at 10:22:19PM +1100, Frederic Schutz wrote:
> Does it answer your questions or did I miss a real loophole in the
> strategy that I described ?

 If an attacker gets root and loads a kernel module, that module could
restore the immutable capability.  You'd have to disable loadable modules
for that to be bulletproof.  (unless the commonly used rootkits already do
this, it would slow down an attacker and cause them to make more noise.)

--
#define X(x,y) x##y