Peaceful Use Only Licenses (was Re: Peace is not off topic)

On Tue, Mar 11, 2003 at 03:16:49AM +0100, Andreas Kotes wrote:

> P.S: something for the lawyers: are there any licenses explictly
> disallowing the use of software in conjunction with war? would it be
> debian-compatible?

Finally, we drag the thread back to something at least marginally
Debian-related. In order: "I have no idea", and "not if you mean
DFSG-compatible, at least". DFSG Point #6 is "No Discrimination
Against Fields of Endeavor".

--
Mike Renfro  / R&D Engineer, Center for Manufacturing Research,
931 372-3601 / Tennessee Technological University -- renfro@tntech.edu