Re: Apache user pages (was: Re: Permissions on /root/)

* Thomas Sjögren <thomas@northernsecurity.net>:

[ WWW pages in /var rather than in /home/user/public_html ]
> With this solution there is no need to make home dirs world readable,

You don't have to make your $HOME world readable, just world executable.

> thus you're able to set 700 on their homes which, as I see it, is a
> good thing.

With 711 on your $HOME and secure chmods on your files nobody will be
able to see files you don't want them to see.