Re: Permissions on /root/

I'd like to cast a vote for more restrictive permisions as well
Access to files & directories should be as restrictive as possible
out of the box. If a user or 3rd party app need more access to any
given area I'll give it as long as it doesn't break the security poilicy.

/root is one place regular users should never be allowed to look into
/var/log IMHO is another (but that is another flame war :)

I also like change the default umask in the root & users profiles
to 0027 or 0077 wherever I can.
Trimming out unwanted packages from the default minimal  install is another
place I seem to spend some time :(

Jan.