Re: When will kernel-image-2.4.23 be available ?

On Thu, Dec 04, 2003 at 07:47:53AM +0100, Matthias Faulstich wrote:
> Having the kernel-souces, knowledge about make-kpkg and a propper
> working .config for a previously kernel is one thing, but having a debian
> patched kernel (or kernel-sources) is a second.
> E.g. cramfs for initrd still doesn't work with a 2.4.23 vanilla kernel.

But romfs (create with genromfs) works fine. Use it instead.
Note: always deselect cramfs when using romfs for initrd.
The kernel version I was working with at the time always
defaulted to cramfs if it was present, which screwed me.

   Dale Amon     amon@islandone.org    +44-7802-188325
       International linux systems consultancy
     Hardware & software system design, security
    and networking, systems programming and Admin
	      "Have Laptop, Will Travel"