Re: Will 2.4.20 Source be patched for the latest kernel vulnerability?

On Wed, Dec 03, 2003 at 03:21:57PM +0200, Riku Valli wrote:
> This is reason why i ask what about stock kernels, because i belive i am not
> lonely cowboy at the middle of the no where. Debian is distrubution and

Probably not... it is just that amongst a security conscious
group you are likely to find that most will build their own
kernels and add their own security patches. Paranoia is your friend
in security.

> kernel is one quite important part of it. So it was quite strange if stock
> kernels left to unpatched. It seems at some images -1-x86 are patched maybe
> all, but if over 50 % used default installation kernel. This means at
> default stock kernel should prepared first.

I agree... but it appears that at least the 2.4.23 is
available.

   Dale Amon     amon@islandone.org    +44-7802-188325
       International linux systems consultancy
     Hardware & software system design, security
    and networking, systems programming and Admin
	      "Have Laptop, Will Travel"