Re: FTP in general (Re: Watch out! vsftpd anonymous access always enabled!)

Quoting Bernd Eckenfels (ecki@calista.eckenfels.6bone.ka-ip.net):

> Actually HTTP is much more reliable than FTP.

I should have defined my terms:  When I said ftp transfers are more
reliable than are ftp ones (in my experience), I meant that, once
started, they are much less prone to dying.  That is observed fact.

> It features mesage digest, restart, SSL. IT allows paralle fetching of
> blocks. It handles encodings and charset more transparently.

Cavil:  Restart and SSL can and do occur in both.  However, more
important to the matter at hand, none of these observations is the least
bit relevant to what I was referring to.

--
Cheers,                Linux:  It is now safe to turn on your computer.
Rick Moen