Re: FTP in general (Re: Watch out! vsftpd anonymous access always enabled!)

In article <[🔎] 20030924233730.GJ20106@linuxmafia.com> you wrote:
> I should have defined my terms:  When I said ftp transfers are more
> reliable than are ftp ones (in my experience), I meant that, once
> started, they are much less prone to dying.  That is observed fact.

This depends totally on the client and proxy and has nothing to do with the
protocol. Both are only a TCP connection. In fact HTTP features a much
better application level flow control with the HTTP/1.1 chunking.

> important to the matter at hand, none of these observations is the least
> bit relevant to what I was referring to.

Well, I just want to point out, that it is an old myth that FTP is better
for filetransfer. Most often this is because of the experience of ppl with
Browsers, which are of course no bulk down/uploaders.

Greetings
Bernd
--
eckes privat - http://www.eckes.org/