Re: FTP in general (Re: Watch out! vsftpd anonymous access always enabled!)

Quoting Matt Zimmerman (mdz@debian.org):

> Regarding point #3 in the last message at that URL:
>
> > 3.  Multiple recursive gets/puts using ftp is fast, easy, and reliable.
> >     Closest http alternative is wget, which is nice but not quite as
> >     nice.
>
> lftp http://http.us.debian.org/debian/

I _do_ love lftp, and will have to mention it in the referenced document.
(Thanks.)  It certainly is fast and easy (as is wget), but "reliable" is
somewhat precluded by the http protocol itself.  (Admittedly, this is
being picky, and "wget -c" fixes many ills.)

--
Cheers,                   The cynics among us might say:   "We laugh,
Rick Moen                 monkeyboys -- Linux IS the mainstream UNIX now!