Re: The same debian - different packages

As far as my understanding goes, ssh was patched recently for security fixes, so it should be coming from security.debian.org not us.debian.org. Now security.debian.org is not at all mirrored for security reason than how he has 2 different versions of ssh ?
1 Does he has proper /etc/apt/sources.list which includes ssh also
2 what are the dependencies for for versions of ssh

Angus D Madden wrote:

przemolicc@poczta.fm, Wed, Sep 24, 2003 at 01:04:20PM +0000:
Why the two servers, upgraded from the same server have different ssh
packages ? The same is with some other packages, e.g.: xfree86-common

I noticed the exact same behavior on one of my machines.  After a number
of updates apt was able to see the new version of ssh and install it.

Possible explanations:

1.  One of the servers in the round robin dns for http.us.debian.org is
not being updated, and has a different version of ssh in its archive.

2.  Someone has placed a transparent proxy upstream from your machine and
is caching (or poisoning) the debian archive.

No other explanations come to mind at this point.